Blood Ties Theme ( "Live Forever" by Tamara Rhodes) w/ show intro.

A Fang-Phile Fille, Tweets!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Book Review: Zen and the Art of Vampires.


Zen and the Art of Vampires
by
Katie MacAlister
On this past Saturday afternoon I picked up Katie MacAlister’s Zen and the Art of Vampires, and almost by the same time on Sunday I was finished. Finished, yet left wanting more (and thank goodness the story will continue in Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang.)
Originally I had purchased this book as part of a Double Day introduction discount special for first time members. Among the titles on offer, this was the only one that had caught my eye, as I’m a great fan of the paranormal romance genre. And was I ever glad I did.
The main character, Pia Thomason was delightful and lovely and it was a pleasure getting to know her and going along with her mis-adventure, all from her first person point of view. As a reader, I couldn’t help but share feelings in each of Pia’s predicaments on her Icelandic journey – from the mishap of mistaken identity and the mystery of murder and myth, to her “gaggle of ghosts” (quite nosey I might add) who practically follow her everywhere. And oh yes, the vampires - unpredictable, dashing and dangerous, even whilst hiding in plain sight. Hmm, who should she choose, Kristoff or Alec?
I found this book to be a great, quick read. A hilarious (literally Laugh out Loud) page turner filled with intrigue, suspense and might I add steamy, hot sexiness.
I say definitely bite into it!
Have you read this book? What did you think of it? I invite you to leave your comments below!

No comments: