Blood Ties Theme ( "Live Forever" by Tamara Rhodes) w/ show intro.

A Fang-Phile Fille, Tweets!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Book Review: Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang






Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang


by
Katie MacAlister


This continuation to MacAlister’s Zen and the Art of Vampires (see my review) proved to be not quite as engaging. Yes, I was curious to resolve the plot twist that had left me hanging at the end of Zen, but in the end, it fell just short of expectations – a bit too sweet and cliché for this readers’ liking – anticlimactic for want of a better description.


Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang, also was not as quick and as delightful a read. Lacking was Pia’s humorous tone that had had me laughing-out-loud in the previous book. And certain characters, namely Pia’s two sidekicks Ray and Magda, hedged on annoying with their constant interruptive presence – I felt they did nothing to enhance the story.

In all, I’m of the opinion that this is a necessary read to conclude Zen, only if you don’t like being left with cliff-hangers.


Have you read this book? What did you think of it? I invite you to leave your comments below!

No comments: